Welcome to St Triduana's Medical Practice
**If you are over 75 or have received a letter in the post about your COVID vaccine and have NOT yet been contacted, can you please call the surgery to arrange this.**
We remain available for both routine and urgent care during the COVID19 pandemic. However, we have had to make some changes to the way we provide services to protect patients and staff:
- If you are concerned you may have symptoms of COVID19 (Fever, New Persistent Cough, Shortness of Breath or Loss of Taste or Smell), please do NOT call the practice. Please book a test via https://www.nhsinform.scot/. If you feel very unwell, call NHS24 on 111.
- All our appointments are now by telephone initially, and patients will be seen subsequently at the practice only if required. Please phone our patient advisors on 0131 657 3341 to book a telephone appointment; we have morning or afternoon appointments but cannot give you an exact time. Most things can wait for the next available routine slot, however, if you feel your problem is very urgent please let the advisor know. The advisor will ask for a brief description of your problem to allow them to best deal with it, thank you for providing this. We are not accepting bookings online or at the reception desk, so please call us instead.
- Please DO NOT come to the practice unless we have asked you to come. Our front door and waiting room are closed and we are only seeing patients face to face if necessary for an examination or nursing procedure.
- Please DO NOT come to the Surgery with requests for repeat medication. Requests can be made via online "Patient Access" website or app, submitting a request to a local pharmacy or putting your request in our letterbox outside. Please DO NOT come to the surgery to collect prescriptions either. Please indicate with your request which chemist you use, and we would be happy to send it there for you to collect.
- Please wear a Face Covering over your nose and mouth if you have been asked to attend the practice.
Please be aware that COVID symptoms are similar to what you can get for other illnesses. Follow the link below to recognise what are COVID related symptoms.
‘We are delighted to have started our COVID19 Vaccination Clinics.
GPs have been asked to provide vaccines for those aged 80 and over, moving on to those aged 75 – 79 and then those who are shielding.
You can find out more about the priority groups by clicking here.
All other groups will be offered appointments via Health Board run services by letter.
The delivery of the vaccine is in small batches and we are not certain when these will arrive. As soon as we have supplies of vaccine our team will contact you to arrange an appointment.
There is no need for you to contact the practice as we will be in touch with those eligible. If you have any questions about the COVID Vaccine, please visit NHS Inform by clicking here, or call the national helpline 0800 030 8013 which is open from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week.’